General – Jefferson County
Jefferson County Online
- A Community Information Network for Jefferson County, MO
Jefferson County Resource Directory –
- Comprehensive resource directory of services and agencies serving individuals in Jefferson County
Experience Jefferson County –
- Program offered to help area business people, civic leaders and interested citizens gain a better understanding of the community in which they live, work and play.
Jefferson County Community Partnership –
- Coordinates many initiatives aimed at improving the community, especially programs for children and economically disadvantaged groups (includes specific programs for childcare providers and stay at home parents as well).
Jefferson County Health Department –
Jefferson County Library –
Utility Assistance, Food Pantries, Homeless Shelters
Jefferson County Rescue Mission –
- Established in 1978, The Jefferson County Rescue Mission, Inc. is a non-profit organization, meeting the needs of men, women and children without regard to race, religion or national origin. We provide free clothing, household goods and furniture to needy people in our community, emergency shelter and food for people who are homeless, and direct referrals for health care, housing assistance, job training, substance abuse assistance, mental health care and spiritual guidance.
Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation – http://www.jfcac.org
- Head Start, Housing Assistance, Energy Assistance, Weatherization, Women, Infants & Children Food Supplemental Program (WIC) (Jefferson County Only) and Community Services Block Grant (Back-to-School, Intake & Referral, Asset Development, Family Support, Poverty Simulations)
Parenting & Family Support Resources
Parent Link –
- ParentLink is designed to increase parents’ confidence and skills by supporting and linking them with a network of information, ideas and community services.
Missouri Parent Link –
- Warmline available at 1-800-552-8522 to answer parenting questions, parent lending library available, links to services for Missouri parents
Family Support Network –
- Home-based individual/family therapy and counseling, parent education, resource acquisition, and follow-up; Shelter-based prevention program which serves homeless, parenting teens, and their young children; school-based counseling and crisis intervention; community outreach and education
Family Resource Center –
- Treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect, including family treatment, family reunification, foster care & adoptive services, intensive in-home services, mentoring, therapeutic preschool, Family Support Council, and Parents Anonymous Groups
Missouri Grandparent/Kinship Caregiver Coalition –
- Mission is “To raise public awareness of grandparent/kinship care provider issues; to educate, promote fair and equitable access to resources; and to advocate for their rights.”
State Level/Government Resources
Missouri House of Representatives –
Missouri Senate –
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education –
Missouri Department of Social Services –
St. Louis Regional Center –
- Assessment, education, funding, information and referral for individuals with disabilities. Number for Jefferson County Office- 636-931-5720.
Jefferson County Developmental Disabilities Resource Board –
- Service coordination and transportation for individuals with developmental disabilities, links to numerous resource sites.
Missouri Parents ACT (MPACT) –
- Training and information resources for parents of children with special needs
Office of Community Independence – OCI@dhss.mo.gov  Telephone 573 526-0714
- Exploring home and community care options (Support Services To Help Persons With Disabilities And Older Missourians To Live Independently In Their Homes And Communities)
- Individual and family treatment for depression, alcohol addiction, drug abuse, mental illness, child abuse, domestic violence shelter. Work with children, teens, & adults.
Psychotherapy St. Louis –
- Search engine to find a therapist in the St. Louis area
American Red Cross –
Salvation Army –
Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration –
U.S. Social Security Administration Office –
Missouri Rx –
Missouri Health Care For All –
Recycling and Green Team Information
Natural Cleaners, Caring for the Earth –
Fuel Efficiency Comparison –
Car’s Carbon Output-Measuring –
Get Your City Involved –
United Methodist Women Green Team –
TheFindGreen brings together more than 300,000 products from over 1,200 stores, allowing you to find organic brands and environmentally-friendly products, all in one place. It is your window into a greener world.
The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,236 groups with 4,461,000 members across the globe. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills.